Prenatal massage can have multiple benefits both physically and mentally during pregnancy, especially when conducted at regular intervals throughout, and especially towards the end of pregnancy when the body feels much heavier and each movement becomes more of a task.
Research has shown that some of the benefits of prenatal massage include:
- Headache and migraine relief
- Relieved muscle tension
- Relief from backache, muscle cramps, tension and swelling
- Reduction of pain and generalised aching
- Improved sleep
- Alleviation of feelings of anxiety and depression
- It also aids with circulation and movement, especially later in pregnancy.
Why not book in a massage with our certified midwife here at Hera Family Care?